A priest, a Pentecostal preacher and a rabbi all served as chaplains to the 
students of Northern Michigan University in Marquette. They would get together 
two or three times a week for coffee and to talk shop. 

One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really that 
hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear. One thing led to another, 
and they decided to do a seven-day experiment. They would all go out into the 
woods, find a bear and preach to it. 

Seven days later, they're all together to discuss the experience. Father 
O'Flannery, who has his arm in a sling, is on crutches, and has various 
bandages, 
goes first. "Wellll," he says, in a fine Irish brouge, "Ey wint oot into th' 
wooods to fynd me a bearr. Oond when Ey fund him Ey began to rread to him from 
the Baltimorre Catechism. Welll, thet bearr wanted naught to do wi' me und 
begun to slap me aboot. So I quick grrabbed me holy water and, THE SAINTS BE 
PRAISED, he became as gentle as a lamb. The bishop is cooming oot next wik to 
give 
him fierst communion und confierrmation." 

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, with an arm and both 
legs in casts, and an IV drip. In his best fire and brimstone oratory he 
proclaimed, "WELL, brothers, you KNOW that we don't sprinkle...WE DUNK! I went 
out 
and I FOUND me a bear. And then I began to read to him from God's HOOOOLY WORD! 
But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. I SAY NO! He wanted NOTHING to do 
with me. So I took HOOOLD of him and we began to rassle. We rassled down one 
hill, UP another and DOWN another until we come to a crick. So I quick DUNK 
him and BAPTIZE his hairy soul. An' jus like you sez, he wuz gentle as a lamb. 
We spent the rest of the week in fellowship, feasting on God's HOOOOLY word." 

They both look down at the rabbi, who was lying in a hospital bed. He was in 
a body cast and traction with IV's and monitors running in and out of him. 

The rabbi looks up and says, "Oy! You don't know what tough is until you try 
to circumcise one of those creatures." 

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to