Hi All -- I have had some "interesting" experiences this summer working in my yard....wonder if any of you might be able to illuminate them further.
First, finally made some serious headway against the snail population. I was forced to resort to using snail bait, after I discovered that some snails make kind of a squealing sound when you pick them up. I thought they did not make any noise. Unnerving as this was, the last straw was when I picked one up, a healthy specimen, that first squealed, and then began to vibrate in the shell. I freaked out, threw it down, and got out the snail bait. Second - and worse - was when I got behind some shrubbery to do some cleanup -- dead snails, etc....I haven't had the "opportunity" to do that cleanup there before. Well -- Warning -- for the squeamish - don't read on.... I saw this worm, it was red, and pretty long - maybe five inches. Let me tell you, I have never really been afraid of worms. Like snails, I considered them to be slimy, but quiet, slow moving and gentle creatures.... Anyway, THIS worm, when I put my hand down there to pick up a dead snail -- it suddenly darted back quick as a wink, back into the root of the shrubbery. I mean, that thing saw me, and moved like lightening. This totally grossed me out. I immediately left the scene, shaken and stirred, as they say. I don't know if you have ever heard of or seen such things before -- but beware if you are thinking about working in the garden, at least out here.... Give me crickets and seagulls -- even maybe killer bees -- anyday, compared to that worm. Ricki Utah To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
