"Carol Adkinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > >I am becoming even more thankful that I live in the UK! We don't have to >put up with all these poisonous and unpleasant creepy crawlies and snakes!
Michigan's list of creepy crawlies is pretty short. There is supposed to be one poisonous snake that lives in Michigan, the massasauga rattlesnake. They are very shy and rare, and although I have gone camping many times, I have never seen one. We do have various kinds of wasps and hornets. When I was growing up, there used to be wild honeybees, and if you had dandelions or clover in your lawn, once in a while someone would be stung on the ankle or foot. But these days the varroa mites and trachea mites have killed off most of the wild honeybees, so you only see them if you are near a beekeeper. I still find it very strange to stand by a flowering tree in the spring, and see that the few bees in the blossoms are big bumble bees, and not hear the flowers buzzing with honey bees. Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA alwen at i2k dot com To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
