We still see some of them here.  Usually on pickup trucks and larger trucks,
rarely on cars.
Lorri

----
Do you remember those Insect Deflectors?  Another passing fad, I think.  You
fixed it at the front of your car's bonnet (UK; hood? US).  It was like two
smallish sheets of rigid plastic joined together down their front edges, and
if a fly came at you as you drove (or vice versa <G>) it would be deflected
away from your windscreen.  Haven't seen one for many years - didn't have a
car back then.