been a believer, I'd have begged God's pardon for using the term). We

> cannot assume that, because the Oz "dumps" were mostly criminal, they
>
> had been more "savvy" than the slave "dumps" deposited on the US
> shores.

the u.s.a. was also created by dumping out european or u.k. prisons.
that is why the u.s. government probably never got correctlly to "land
of the free".  so many criminals found so many ways to make money off
of each other illegally.  but then again the criminals were the " non
catholics", so they may have never committed a crime at all.  a lot of
the criminals were just people who needed religeous freedom.

from susan in tennessee,u.s.a.