There is a woman named "Parlin" (first name) who makes the most tasty and interesting shortbread -- about 1/4 inch think and no "loft" -- in other words, looks like pie crust.

She is unwilling to give out her recipe ... which adds to the challenge. I mention her name because I wonder if it might be a name based on her heritage (which in turn might help to discern the source of the recipe). Does anyone know of that name as a "nationality" name?

I have googled for shortbread recipies and found some use rice flour in small quantities in addition to regular flour-- does anyone know if rice flour is likely to cause this "no loft" condition?

Or even better, does anybody have a recipe that yields really good shortbread?

Thanks
Susan Webster
Ohio