Many thanks to Candida for suggesting printing on landscape format; my
friend's comment was "Not economic with paper but great on my nerves."

She has yet to try "print to fit page" (thank you Margaret) but now it has
been pointed out, we realise the problem may be that in the UK we are all set
up
for A4 paper and US websites are probably done for letter paper which is
wider and shorter.

As usual, arachne saves the day, and sanity.
Jacquie