Hi All,  Thanks for all the comments on peeling mushrooms.  Except for old
ones I have now peeled my last mushroom <VBG>.  I even bought a mushroom
brush today (I was in the hardware store and it appeared right in front of
me).  Anything to make cooking a little faster is much appreciated!

Regarding Perfectionism- I think it serves no useful purpose.  I try to
strive for perfect only when I'm making lace and then I know there is really
no such thing as perfect so I do the best I can.  I can't remember if my
mother peeled mushrooms or not.  It just seemed like what my family would
have done so there is no rut there.  I know my mother peeled the carrots
before cooking them.  That I stopped doing after I met DH and found out not
everybody does.  I just give them a scrub.  Actually he would like some
peels left on the potatoes when I mash them but I usually forget and peel
them completely.  He's a good DH though because he just wants his dinner and
doesn't complain about what it is <VBG>.

Jane in Vermont, USA where it got into the 40s today (5+C) and melted some
of the snow.