Today I was downtown and happened to walk past an interior decorating shop.  In
the doorway was a box of books of sample fabrics so I helped myself.  The
pieces of fabric will come in useful somewhere but does anyone know an easy way
of removing the labels from the back.  On most of them they are about 2 inches
wide and the width of the fabric, most of which says dry clean only.  I tried
dampening one piece and was able to get rid of the top layer of paper but the
rest is impregnated with glue.  If needs be I can cut this away, but it would
be nice to have the larger pieces of fabric.  Any ideas?
  Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/