I am quite interested to hear that there is a collection of a lace at the
Bowes Museum that is called the Blackborne collection. The Metropolitan Museum
of Art in New York also has a collection of lace called the Blackborne
Collection. The catalogue of the auction at which it was bought said that the
collecton was made by Arthur Blackborne and his father starting in about 1850.
think there may have been more than one "Blackborne Collection" in that I have
seen pieces and references to it that don't seem to relate to our collection.

I am consumed with curiosity about whether some of the pieces in thie Bowes
collection may relate to the pieces in the collection here in New York. Would
it  be too much to hope that there will be a publication or a generous
photography  policy?

Devon