----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean Nathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The small children at the local riding stables had difficulty remembering
people's names, although they could remember the names of the horses and
ponies without any trouble at all>>

We live in a small village with mainly retired people so remembering names is a problem particularly where people have the same first name, so they are associated with the work they do - so we have Tom Pills, the pharmacist, Tom Spanner the motor mechanic and Tom Chops the Butcher and Tom Policeman!! Our neighbour is very involved in politics and he is known as Pete Politics. Jeanette Fischer, Western Cape, South Africa.