The post I sent this morning seems to have got lost in the ether. Here it is
repeated with typos corrected :-)

BBC1 TV is running a series this week on whether you have a male or female
brain - that doesn't mean you are male or female. The theory behind it is
that the way your brain works depends on the amount of testosterone you were
subjected to as an embryo in the womb at a certain point of development.
They
say that generally men use one side of the brain, but the two sides of the
brain in women can comunicate with each other so they use areas not used by
men.

The results of experiements carried out this week are shown, which so far
uphold the male/female brain regardless of sex theory. There's an online
test as well at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/theoneshow/article/2007/10/mm_brainsex.shtml

The average performances for people taking the test on a scale of 0-100 each
side of male and female, men have so far come out 50 towards male and women
50 towards female. I came in at 25 towards male, and both my ring fingers
are longer then my index fingers. If the fingers are the same length, that's
counted as female.

Fun to do, but don't take it too seriously. I suspect the online test will
be removed from the web site over the weekend because the programme will go
on to another topic next week.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK