I rarely send a laugh to Chat, but this one really made me laugh....and I
wanted to share it.  The original message had a picture of the guy but I knew
it wouldn't go on the list so I left it out.

Alice in Oregon ... in dense fog.

Judy  Wallman, a professional genealogy researcher in southern  California, was
doing some personal work on her own  family tree.  She discovered that Harry
Reid's  great-great uncle, Remus Reid, was hanged for horse stealing and train
robberyin Montanain 1889.  Both Judy and Harry  Reid sharethis common  ancestor.

On  the back of the picture Judy obtained during her  research is this
inscription: 'Remus Reid, horse  thief,  sent to  MontanaTerritorial
Prison1885, escaped 1887, robbed the MontanaFlyer six  times. Caught by
Pinkerton detectives, convicted  and hanged in  1889.'

So  Judy recently e-mailed Congressman  Harry Reidfor information about their
great-great uncle.

Believe it or not, Harry  Reid's staff sent back the following biographical
sketch for her  genealogy research:
'Remus  Reid was a famous cowboy in the MontanaTerritory.  His business empire
grew to include  acquisition of valuable  equestrian assets and intimate
dealings with the  Montanarailroad.  Beginning in 1883, he devoted several
years of his life to  government service, finally taking leave to resume his
dealings  with the   railroad.In 1887, he was a key player in a vital
investigation run by  the renowned Pinkerton  Detective Agency.  In 1889,
Remus passed away during an important civic  function held in his honor when
the platform upon which he  was standing  collapsed.'

        NOW THAT is how it's done folks! That's  real Political SPIN.