Yes... the 12th of April, 1995, is the day Arachne came on line.  Liz Reynolds
is the creator (and owner) of the Lace List.  Thanks so much, Liz, for thinking
of this and having the knowledge and access to a computer that could handle the
List.  Even though Liz is no longer a regular participant, she stills pays the
fees and keeps the List alive.

I found the group when it was one year and one month old.  There were 300
members at that time.  We steadily grew until we reached something like 1200
members. I haven't seen a member analysis for quite some time, but I think our
membership has maintained itself at roughly that size for several years.

The discussions on the List have expanded my lace knowledge tremendously over
the years.  And it was Arachne that took me to England in 1998 for the Arachne
98 Conference.  I probably would never have gone there on my own.  60 of the
Arachnians spent a week together for fun and classes.

So --- Happy Birthday Arachne !!!   And many more to come (I hope).

Alice in Oregon