My poodle skirts never actually had poodles on them... and they were certainly not made of felt, although the poodles on friend's skirts were felt. I think I might have been oblivious to the fashion world during the period of the poodle skirt... until it was passe. (For that matter, I'm still out of touch!!) But I definitely wore the full circle skirt with crinolines, bobby socks (pulled straight up, not folded), and saddle oxfords. Oh... and that black belt around the middle? I remember it was about 3 inches wide and made of black elastic. We wore the belt with the buckle (snap, hook... whatever) in the back. It was supposed to look cool too... but I remember that unless you stayed pretty still, the skirt slipped down or the blouse peeked out under the belt, and cool went right out the window.

Think about it, Tamara... why would anyone want to wear something that looks like underwear and bare most of their mid-section? The "fashion" of youth does not follow rational rules.

Clay

dmt11h...@aol.com wrote:
Tamara writes:

Poodle Skirt -- made of a full circle of felt and decorated with a large felt poodle.

<<Good grief! Why would anyone want a skirt made of felt? And why a poodle? Why not some other dog?>> Because it was cool! Gawd! You sound like my parents!

I never had any cool stuff.
Everyone else had cool stuff.

**************Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web. Try the new Email Toolbar now! (http://toolbar.aol.com/mail/download.html?ncid=txtlnkusdown00000027)

arachnemodera...@yahoo.com.