On Oct 27, 2009, at 7:27, Clay Blackwell wrote:

Well, Devon...  I may be out on the street with you...

I have used the same "recipe" for years, and one of the reasons I love it is that it can be made in less than 15 minutes

I make a big pot of stock, about once every 3-4 months, and freeze it in one cup portions (reuse sour cream and/or yogurt cups). They don't take a whole lot of time to defrost and the "bouillon" isn't 9 parts salt. Also, the canned consomme *is* closer to the real thing than bouillon cubes, so you're not totally dependent on the cubes.

Mind you... Bouillon cubes do have their place and I always have a supply on hand. Whenever I feel a cold/fever coming on, I fix myself a mug of "bouillon" from a cube. That's to make me thirsty enough to drink a lot (more than usual) of lemon tea :)

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/