In Illinois, I belonged to a British group and we used a coffee urn kept
especially for tea  We could make 40 cups if necessary.
The DBE (Daughters of the British Empire) that meet in my new area of southern
California, use 3 tea pots for about 24 people with the 3 electric kettles
permanently on the go at our monthly meeting.  In October, we are holding a
proper Afternoon Tea for 100 people and will have 2 teapots to each table of
10.  I get to make all the shortbread for the occasion (my speciality).
 Thank goodness I was not assigned the scones or sausage rolls.
Last week I attended an Afternoon Tea at Huntington Library in Pasadena and
for a table of 6 ladies we were provided with 3 huge pot teapots holding 8
cups each and the waitress kept topping up the water in all of them.  These
teas were all various flower/fruit flavors.  I was with Americans so nobody
wanted a good old cuppa of black tea.  This was the best Afternoon Tea I
have been to in the US.  Had so much to eat, I did not need dinner, although
the scones were little and hard. All of these teas are made with teabags in
the pots.
Personally, I use our Kuerig machine for hot water and brew my Rooibus tea
from a teabag in the mug.  I am not a tea snob.
Janice Blair
Murrieta, CA, 60 miles north of San Diego
www.jblace.com
www.lacemakersofillinois.org

     On Thursday, June 4, 2015 3:51 PM, Lyn Bailey <lynrbai...@supernet.com>