--- Hazel Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   
> > ' penicillin
> - discovered before I was born, I think

This one I looked up on the internet.  It was
identified in the 20's but not in a usable form. They
proved it worked, in the 30's.  Early forms were used
during WWII but it only last 3-4 hours in the body. 
It wasn't until the early 50's that it reached the
form that lasted long enough in the body to be really
helpful.  So...our man born in 1948 would have been
ahead of the widespread usage of penicillin, but ahead
of the discovery.

I checked on the polio, also, and it came out in 1955.
 I remember that...and remember getting poked in the
arm.  Later they had the oral version that was just
swallowed.

Alice in Oregon .. spring: rain, sun, wind, flowers

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to