Dear Friends,
I'm sure some of you are aware that Australia is currently in the midst of its severest drought ever - probably climate change - and we are using our water very wisely.

Here in Ballarat, which is 90,000 people, we only have about 8 months water remaining, and there doesn't seem to be any rain on the horizon.

Yesterday I received my 3 monthly bill for water and thought it would be most interesting to learn about the costs in other states and countries. My own usage was the lowest I've ever managed, for which I am pleased. However, in this Bill for $122, the actual charge for water volume used is only $4-29 - all the rest is charges for water connection and waste water access fee. So I am assuming that even if they double the cost of our water, which is in fact predicted, my bill would only increase by a further $4.

I look forward to any interested replies about your won situations.

David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to