You don't need a special knife to peas if you're using honey. It would make the peas stick to the knife - at least long enough to get them to your mouth <LOL>

Martha Krieg wrote:
It doesn't make much sense, given that peas are hard even with a fork, unless you realize that there was such a thing as a "pea knife", with a groove or slot to hold the peas.

http://www.sheffieldgalleries.org.uk/coresite/metalworkon-linelearning/visit.html


At 12:24 PM -0700 5/22/07, Bev Walker wrote:
This little ditty is attributed to the famous A.Nonny Mouse
and collected by Edward Lear.
I hadn't heard of it until my own children were learning to read and we
were delighted to find it in a book of rhymes.
I have always had difficulty memorizing 'lines' but this one I do know. It
has become my party piece LOL.

--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Webwalker wrote:

 When I was a child, among the poems I learned was

 "I eat my peas with honey
 I've done it all my life
 It makes the peas taste funny,
 But it keeps them on my knife."



To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



--
Ruth in OH

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to