I have to say I slacked off when my 2 were born and didn't give my Mum a
bobbin for either of her grandbabies (guess I had other things on my
mind :-)), however, I do have a bone Springett bobbin for each of my
children with their names and birthdates on them.

Of Course, I also have wedding ones, and I treasure the ones that Janet
Soo made for me and spangled with little teal bells - my wedding dress
had teal on it and my last name is Bell. - as well as the ones that my
Lace group gave me at a Guild wedding shower they had for myself and the
other Guild Bride.  I also had another of my favourite bobbin makers,
Leon Young, send me a gift of 16 pairs of snakewood bobbins for a
wedding gift, and they are treasured too.

One thing that my SIL did to announce her pregnancy one Christmas was to
give our Grandmother in law a lovely great grandmother throw and for our
MIL she gave a cute sign that was something along the lines of Grandma's
babysitting service or B&B or something.  It's hanging in her office at
home.  She was tickled pink with the way it was announced.

Cheers,
Helen, Aussie in Denver

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to