TROUBLE AT THE RANCH

A  Texas  rancher got in his pickup and drove to a neighbouring ranch and
knocked at the  door.  A young boy, about 9, opened the door.

"Is yer Dad home? " the rancher asked.
"No sir, he ain't," the boy replied. "He went into town."
"Well," said the rancher, "is yer Mom here?"
"No, sir, she ain't here neither. She went into town with Dad."
"How about your brother, Howard?  Is he here?"
"He went with Mom and Dad."

The rancher stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the
other and mumbling to himself.
"Is there anything I can do fer ya?" the boy asked politely.
"I knows where all the tools are, if you want to borry one.
Or maybe I could take a message fer Dad."
"Well," said the rancher uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk to yer Dad.
It's about your brother Howard getting my daughter, April, pregnant."

The boy considered it for a long time....then... "You would have to talk
to Pa about that" he finally conceded.
"If it helps you any, I know that Pa charges $50 for the bull and $25 for
the hog, but, I really  don't know how much he gets fer Howard."

David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to