Hi Spiders all

Some of you on here, who know a bit (or a lot) about amateur radio will understand why I'm 'slightly miffed' (understatement of the year!) today.

Less than 18 months ago we bought a full sized Carolina Windom antenna. It ran the full length of the garden and worked brilliantly! Today it is no longer, many thanks to Railway employees for removing the only hobby that everyone in the house shared...

This morning, the railways decided that the trees at the back of the house had to go... They didn't just prune them... no they have been hacked to death! That includes a Very Mature Sycamore which was in MY garden! The aerial was also in MY garden and went through the tree... It has been detached (by them) from both ends, snapped, and wrecked...

Their attitude?  Tough!!

Will await further outcomes from their head office... if I don't get it... Let's just say that myself and a couple of friends are about to teach dogs how to attack men in orange overalls...

With that out of the way, finished the 'practice piece of beds last night... that's now released a load of bobbins for rosalibre lace. I've also found 3 baby sycamores today which will replace the mum in time... (and the 'bits' they left are going to Agnes husband, and in time I'll get a small memento of the beautiful tree I used to have. Right, now off out for tea and then to watch Sex in the City film with a friend.... maybe Samantha will give me more ideas on what to do with men!

Chat later

Sue

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to