Hi,

I am a new listmember. On the suggestion of someone I met at a genealogy event, I am writing to the list to see whether anyone can help me identify the design of a piece of pulled thread embroidery done by my great grandmother Eva Kruczkas Abromaitis. Eva was born in Lithuania. I don't know her exact birthplace. Her last address before she came to the US was Lazdijai, in southwest Lithuania, near the Polish border. Nearby cities are Marijampole and Suwalki. She emigrated to Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania in 1898 and died there in Tamaqua.

This piece, which you can see at http://gallery.me.com/loismackin/ 100135, is about 6 1/2 X 6 1/2 inches. The material is linen, and I am guessing that the thread used for some of the decorative overstitching is silk. It looks as though the thread used for the tying is the same as the thread in the woven material.

I would like to know if anyone can identify the design. Is it American? Is it Polish? Is it Lithuanian? Can anyone suggest a date?

I do not know the date of the piece, so I cannot tell whether it was made before or after Eva came to the US.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Lois Mackin

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to