I think Kenmore might be Whirlpool - don't think it's a Maytag offshoot.
Kind of Like Costco rebadges things with "Kirkland Signature" on it. 

We bought stainless 2 years ago for our Denver house when we fancied up the
kitchen, as buyers seem to want stainless and granite these days.  We bought
GE stainless (stove, dishwasher, microwave and fridge, so they all matched),
and it seemed to be a pretty good dishwasher (I used it for almost a year).
Much quieter than the Whirlpool we have in this house, which is noisy (and
the oven is awful - and there's no way it can preheat to 425F in the same 10
minutes it takes to preheat to 330F - even if it tells me so).  It seemed to
do a pretty good job on the dishes.

I also liked the top rack arrangement.  Don't think much of the one in this
dishwasher - I don't seem to get as much in - but it's what the builder put
in, so have to live with it.  At least the stove is gas :-)

I think we had a Maytag before that  and it was still working OK when we
traded it out.

Detergent can be a factor - some places have banned certain types of
dishwasher detergents due to phosphorous or whatever filtering into local
waterways, so the detergent may not do as good a job.  

You might want to look at a place that sells scratch/dent/floor models.
Sometimes they have great deals and there's nothing wrong except that it got
returned to a store as it was the wrong model delivered or it has a tiny
blemish that can be hidden - some have some very obvious dents that nothing
short of a new door will hide.

Cheers,
Helen in foggy Duvall, WA

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to