I've done about a dozen fans, and when it comes to mounting, each time, I
find I have to refer to Christine Springett's book.  I have 3 separate
pleating plans - large, medium and small - which I have drawn up according
to Christine's instructions - when I have completed the fan leaf I tack it
to the pleating plan - I usually tack around the fan/plan 6 or 7 times
before I am ready to pleat.  These pieces of interfacing will last me for
ever, I hope, so I won't have to make any more.

I use wooden fan sticks - usually the ones done by Springetts - and I prime
them before using them with diluted PVA glue, which I allow to dry.  Then I
stick the sticks to the lace with PVA.  I made a bad mistake once, by
glueing the stick to the wrong fold of a pleat, and didn't notice until it
was finished and dried!  I used a stiff bristled brush, and a little
filtered water, and dabbed gently along the line of the stick until I could
lift the lace off the stick, and I was able to relocate in the right place,
so no harm done!

Ann in Manchester, UK
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED]