To take part in workshops at the Conference Shirley referred to, it is
necessary to be a member of the Australian Lace Guild, which perhaps explains
why it has not been advertised in other publications or websites.

Shirley, thank you for the web site - I now have a picture of what I'm coming
too!!

Just for the interest of others, I'm supposed to be running a 2-day workshop,
teaching people how to use the lace design programme, Lace 2000 at this
conference.   The Committee has made arrangements to hire a computer room at a
nearby College...which means we'll have access to 30 computers!!   If we get 10
starters for the workshop, that means we'll have a computer for each hand AND a
spare for each student!!!!

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)
Jean Leader <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Shirley in Adelaide wrote:

>Jean is off to the US of A at the weekend to
>>the IOLI lacefest - for which I even found a pic of Hasbrouck Heights
>>- isn't Google wonderful!)
>
> Coincidence?? Our Australian Lace Guild Conference (which is a week
>long) will be held at another HH place. If you go to
>http://www.hosannaheights.com/

Just a reminder, as it says on the web site, that if you have a lace
event that you think is of international (rather than just local)
interest, let us know and we'll be happy to include it in our events
section. We insist on a graphic, but we can usually find something
ourselves if need be. Sometimes people send info about courses or
events in continental Europe to the Lace Guild for inclusion in Lace
magazine, but as that only appears every three months, announcements
often appear too late for people to plan. In contrast, we can post on
the website within a couple of days, so please also communicate
directly with us. Although the info doesn't reach quite the same
audience, currently our home page is accessed 1100 times per week,
and is the first item on the list when you search for the term 'lace'
with Google.

David (and Jean who is having a stressful time packing)

-  New people, new possibilities! Try Yahoo! Personals, FREE for a limited period!