I have been sorting out my bedroom/workroom, came to my
Honiton Lace pillow, this pillow had not seen light of
day for over four years.  As soon as I took the covers off
I remembered the piece that was on there, a design of my
own.  I was also using a thread that I had never used
before, a Pipers Silk two threads not spun together, coloured,
they were on a special offer years ago.  The threads were
in a complete mess, it was in the evening so the light
was not good, quite a few of the threads had broken, in
all I spent three hours trying to sort the mess out, not
until the last half hour did I use my dozer light, a
magnifier and fluorescent on a stand, now I wish I had
used it when I first started.  In the end I cut the
remaining bobbins off.  

Then came the crunch, when taking
the pins out, the pins at the beginning were short, 
for the rest of the lace they were longer.  I noticed and
felt that the short pins were rough. No I was not using
my magnifier at this time.  Then in the morning, I could
see in the day light that the short pins were brass and
rusty, the long pins were all shiny, they were stainless
steel.  Why did I use two different types of pins, I was
told by my teacher to use brass not stainless steel in
her class so I did as I was told till I got home and changed
to stainless steel.  I now recall that I left the Number 7 
pattern in Introduction to Honiton Lace on my pillow half
done for a long time.  I had to borrow my DH pliers to pull
the rusty pins out of the pillow.

I have just looked at a packet of brass pins that I have 
that I have never used, there are tarnished one in the
box, so they will be dumped, something that I don't like doing.


Jean in Newbury UK

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to