I've been working in 140/2 on a Binche edging, and while I
had the magnifier light several years ago, and then switched
to the "headgear" magnifier ("Mag-eyes"), I find that
keeping good strong light on my work is the best solution.
The Mag-Eyes were good when I was working some miniature
lace.  When I got to a spot that I really needed the
magnification, I could tip my head slightly and have it.
When I didn't neet it, the magnifiers were not obtrusive at
all.  A good solution for occasional magnifying needs.
Works beautifully for my embroidery as well - where I use
them more consistently.

Clay

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Panza, Robin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Arachne lace" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 9:43 AM
Subject: RE: [lace] Re: Magnifiers


> For fine (anything beyond 28 threads/inch) embroidery, I
use magnifiers that
> clip to my eye glasses.  I simply can't resolve the holes
any more, and come
> up/down in the wrong hole too often.  However, those focus
too closely to
> use for BL.  They're for work in-hand.
>
> This weekend I sure could have used a magnifier on my
pillow.  I was
> learning Tonder from Guenvor Jorgensen (sp?), with 120/2
cotton (the finest
> cotton thread I've ever used) and several times couldn't
find the hole.  It
> was pre-pricked, but with such tiny holes that I couldn't
always find them
> with the pin in gimpy areas (where the gimp moves back and
forth in fingers,
> or the gimps enclose one space and start another).
>
> Robin P.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
> http://www.pittsburghlace.8m.com
>
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to