And what Americans call an eraser, we in England call a rubber - which has
quite a different meaning in the USA, as I understand!
Indeed. And the lace-*chat* has been having great fun with the diffrerent, often "dirty", "wrinkles" which stem from the different perception of the same word/phrase at the two sides of the Atlantic.
Ordinarily, I'd have let it go; would have waited for Avital (our list Mom) to remind everyone which list is which... But Clay says that, due to my "changing season" (one b-day to the next) I'm allowed (indeed, *expected* <g>) to be full-blown bitchy today, on my 9x6 b-day, so here comes:
when you use sello-tape (scotch-tape, Durex, whatever) to affix your lace pattern to the cardboard -- it's *lace*; post your message here ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
when it's, strictly, a source of amusement because of different usage, share it on *chat* ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). You don't have to be subscribed to chat to be able to *post* there -- you just won't ever *see* it posted if you're not subscribed (not having seen *any* of my messages -- except via the archives -- for the past 3 months or more, I'm getting quite blithe/blazee about it <g>)
Bitchily yours, ----- Tamara P Duvall Lexington, Virginia, USA Formerly of Warsaw, Poland http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd/
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
