On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:59:49 +0100, Jean wrote: >I wondered if anyone knows if lace is made in Bulgaria. >My eldest daughter will be going to Bulgaria for work. >I have not heard of lace being made there.
I used to work with a colleague from Bulgaria, and we talked about lacemaking and embroidery (I take things in at lunchtime to do and educate those who are interested). He didn't know anything about lacemaking, but did say that embroidery was part of the traditional dress, and still done. He wasn't able to be precise about it, but the most likely match for his description was multicoloured cross stitch. On the other hand, the small balls of perle cotton I had with me looked familiar to him; his female relatives had used something similar, but he didn't know what for. -- History would be a wonderful thing - if only it were true. - H. L. Mencken Steph Peters [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tatting, lace & stitching page <http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/index.htm> - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
