>>I too learnt to the chant of ' 2 over 3 and 2 & 4 back, 2 over 3' and
still teach it that way.

>Never thought of it that way -- never heard it said just that way.  When
manning the 'try it' pillow and talking >someone through the stitches, I
found myself saying, "middle (two threads) cross to the right, then both
>pairs to the left", then,  "middle right, both left".  It shortens down to,
"middle, both, middle".  If they persisted past >a dozen stitches, then I
would start inserting the correct terms of cross and twist.

I wasn't taught to say anything, but I usually just count - "1 2 3"
(movements) if I'm doing cloth stitch, "1 2 3 4" for cloth stitch and twist,
and "1 2" for half stitch.  The reason is that I would keep forgetting how
many movements I'd done, and end up doing a cloth stitch and twist when I
was supposed to be doing a cloth stitch.  (I think my short term memory is
going!)  Maybe I should start breaking the different stitches down into C
and T as I do more complex patterns from diagrams, rather than thinking of
them as stitches.

Regards,
Annette in London

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to