I have to send another quick thank you to all those who recommended the
Nobecourt/Potin book on Bayeux lace, Yesterday's Lace for Today.  The book
arrived yesterday and is wonderfully full of diagrams and photos and will be a
helpful resource not to mention a great addition to my library.  I'm anxious
to get started in some of the patterns but for now, DD is home from school for
the holidays (the first time we've seen her since we dropped her off at school
in July and then moved halfway around the world!)  and the two of us begin
scuba lessons tomorrow so I have a feeling my lacemaking is on hold until
after the holidays.  Thanks again to all who responded to my question.
Dona in Asan, Guam where the warm weather and tropical setting make Christmas
decorations seem very out of place.