Just wanted to mention that I got a nice tatting book for Christmas - "Tatting Patterns" by Lyn Morton. It's been out for a year or so but I hadn't seen it before. The friend who gave it to me isn't a fibre person so she must have found it in a "regular" book store.
She goes into how several simple motifs can be put together to make a much bigger pattern, and how one motif can be multiplied and repositioned to make various sizes and shapes.
Raw beginners won't find any instructions in the book, but anyone who already knows how to make chains and rings should be able to do the patterns. The patterns are written out, not done in visual notation, but there are very clear photos of each motif.
I don't know whether needle tatters would have any trouble with the patterns - I've been told you can make anything with needle tatting that you can with shuttle tatting, but I've also heard needle tatters asking for directions on how to re-interpret a pattern, and I don't know the technique so I don't know what causes problems and what doesn't.
Adele North Vancouver, BC (west coast of Canada)
Details: Title: Tatting Patterns Author: Lyn Morton ISBN 1-86108-261-4 published by the Guild of Master Craftsman Publications in 2002 106 pages, paperback
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
