--- Adele Shaak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, all:

Just wanted to mention that I got a nice tatting book for Christmas - 
"Tatting Patterns" by Lyn Morton. It's been out for a year or so but I 
hadn't seen it before. The friend who gave it to me isn't a fibre 
person so she must have found it in a "regular" book store.

She goes into how several simple motifs can be put together to make a 
much bigger pattern, and how one motif can be multiplied and 
repositioned to make various sizes and shapes.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)

Details:
Title: Tatting Patterns
Author: Lyn Morton
ISBN 1-86108-261-4
published by the Guild of Master Craftsman Publications in 2002
106 pages, paperback

==============================================

Hi Spiders,

I met Lyn Morton last year at IOLI 2002.  The tatters (mostly the Shuttle Brothers and 
Lynn) were holding an evening tatting social and I went to try to finally learn how to 
tat efficiently.  Gary kindly showed me how to get more tat for the buck and Lynn was 
sitting right next to me.  Lyn and Randy were trading notes on their respective 
approaches to motifs and a good time was had by all.  Lyn is a charming woman, 
completely enthused about tatting.  She had some of her previous publications and I 
got to see a pre-release edition of her new book that is now on the market.  It didn't 
seem so extraordinary at the time, but when I look back on it, I realize what a 
special moment it was (fatigue will do that to a person!!).  With one thing and 
another, I still haven't gotten around to getting her new book.  Thanks for the 
reminder.

Patty Dowden

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to