JoAnne,

> to get info for, is:  Once I am done, what is the BEST way to finish a
> project?  I really want this to look good, once I get it done.  I also
> want to enter
> this in the Iowa State Fair next summer, so does anyone know, can I frame
> it,
> or do are there rules that the judges have to be able to pick up a piece
> and
> look at the back of it?  If I can frame it, should I have the piece
> attached to
> the material, or would it be better to let the framer do that?  Can I have
> glass in the frame?  My thoughts were to wash it, block it, and then
> stretch
> dark blue or black silk on a frame, and stitch the lace to that.  Then I
> would
> take it to the framer and let them do the rest.  Please, any help would be
> wonderful!

I would check with your fair's rules: some must see the bank and others
don't need to.  It is certainly much safer if it can be entered mounted.
I would also do the 'mounting to fabric' myself.  I did with a piece I had
framed.  I had used a fairly stiff 'paint on fabric' piece and they did a
great job.  Be careful in choosing the framer, ask about their experience in
framing 'fabric and/or needle work'.
I hope you will be able to post some pictures for all to see.

Lorri