At 05:59 AM 1/31/2004, you wrote:
Ratti Center is .......still providing the access to our
computer data base of 36.000 textiles, 5,000 of them laces, ...............
I wonder, if we emptied the Metropolitan Museum of Art of all those other
things, ....................................., if it would even be possible to
display it all in this, the largest museum in our hemisphere.

This made me think about the lace exhibit I had last year. I filled a school classroom-sized room -- walls, displays, tables, etc-- with a bit under 200 pieces.
The space 5000 pieces would need would be enormous. I also can appreciate the time needed just to set up the displays. I worked steadily for 3 months to get my exhibit panels prepared for hanging. 5000 pieces -- wow! But I wish I were close enough to see at least some of them. Anyone in the area please make a point to view some so they will know people are interested. Take a look for me while you're there, please.

Happy lacing,
Alice in Oregon -- still raining, and flooding in some area.