I'm currently having as go at the UK Lace Guild Intermediate Torchon
Assessment (taken nearly two years so far for various reasons not connected
with lacemaking), and one of the finished items has to be your own design.
For the elementary I was told to include sample in different threads for the
finished items, so it's essential for your own design. I've got an idea of
what thread might suit from the distance between the pinholes, but need to
show that I've chosen correctly. So Brenda's book is a must. I choose one
thread that's propabably too thin, one that's too thick and a couple of what
I think will be suitable. Then work a small sample of the pattern in each to
include with the work, and say why I've chosen the one I have. Couldn't do
it easily without Brenda's book. An *absolute* must.

Jean in Poole

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to