I've never bought the S/Z causing unwinding, but I think I can answer your
question anyway.  Take a piece of thread (yarn would be easier).  Hold it
vertically--is it S or Z?  Now turn it over (put the other hand above).
It's still the same twist direction.

So wind one end onto a bobbin.  Then take the other end and wind it onto a
bobbin the same way.  Both are getting the twist the same, relative to the
bobbin's orientation and relative to the direction of wrapping (clockwise or
counterclockwise).

Robin P.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacqueline Bowhey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If a thread is S or Z twist and it is wound onto a bobbin one way then onto
another bobbin the same way which bobbin unwinds? It seems to me if the
twist of the thread has anything to do with it unwinding then the thread on
one bobbin should always unwind because it is wound against the grain so to
speak!!

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to