I have got the ordinary 'shelf' type fitments that consist of two metal
strips with slots in screwed to the wall.  The triangular brackets that the
shelf
itself fits on are available in lots of sizes (for different shelf widths) and
I use those for the pillows - without a shelf first.  The brackets slot easily
into the strips and can be altered to different spacings to suit different
pillow combinations.

They are fitted from the top of a set of drawers to the ceiling so they are
in what would otherwise be wasted space.  Even my biggest pillow (24") sits
securely at the top on 15" brackets; because it's close to the ceiling it
can't
tip off.

And I have bought all of them at carboot sales so the total investment to
store about 10 pillows was in the region of £5.

Jacquie