Hello all lacers,
I have already received Carolina's book about the Spanish "Witch Stitch". I
must say that the more I look at it the more it fascinates me. The designs
are marvellous, very fine and elegant. The technique used is a continuous
tape lace that makes curves, very closed in some occasions. The braids are
worked with different stitches which remind of the Milanese lace. The
difference between this "Witch Stitch" and Milanese Stitch is that the whole
surface of the lace is filled with these curving braids, and the ground is
never made with braids or other stitches, as in Milanese.
The book is aimed for lacers who already know a bit more than the basics of
bobbin lace, as the patterns have no dots to show where to put the pins, and
you have to "guess" this dots. So you need some practice in making this sort
of lace. You must also be familiar with the use of the hook, because you
have to sew one braid with the other constantly.
At the beginning of the book there are some explanations of the stitches
needed and different ways of making the curves and the angles, with clear
graphics. So, if you are interested in learning how to make a kind of lace
which is only made in Hinojosa del Valle, a village in the region of
Extremadura (Spain), and which is probably older than Milanese, you can see
it at Carolina's Web site:
http://www.geocities.com/carolgallego/encajebrujo.html.
�I want to congratulate Carolina for this magnificent job she has done!
There are very few books on Spanish lace, so this makes it for me specially
interesting.
I have no connection with Carolina's work, I'm just a happy customer.
Many greetings from Antje, in a very very cold Spain.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to