Hi All,
I have just checked the Amazon site here in UK and the New book due out on April 29th-30th
Lace from the V&A museum by Clare Browne ISBN 1-85177-418-1 Published price £30 is on Amazon at £21. A good saving if you are prepared to take the risk on the book without reviews etc. I know there is so much lace in the museum that no one ever sees and unless you have the time etc to be able to plan a private show , and also know what to ask for, it remains hidden. I was able to arrange a session with the curator, who turned out to be Clare Browne, some years ago now looking specifically for Spanish Frisado de Valladolid. They didn't think that they had any, but from my descriptions and an old exhibition (1915) I think, we found the most exquisite piece. I am pleased to say that is now on display, but it hadn't been seen for at least 50 years. I am hoping that the book contains some similar pieces.
Jean in Cleveland U.K.