> "Sue Babbs" wrote:    
>    Weronika said:
>   > A big part of my problem with using lace is that I dress exclusively in >   > 
> T-shirts and shorts
>    
>    Work a motif in cotton (eg DMC fil a dentelles which goes thorough the
>    washing machine well) and sew it on to your t-shirt.  Shrink it before
>    attaching it. Then just attach at the edge pinholes
    
>    People are so impressed by it!!

Good advice. Today at the UK Lace Guild annual conference in Scarborough I am going to 
wear a royal blue T shirt with an elephant motif in grey; the elephant has a red 
orange and yellow howdah on his back. He had his first outing here in Scarborough four 
years ago and has survived being machine washed. I don't put him in the dryer though.

It so happens that the elephant is tatted, but bobbin lace can be used in just the 
same way.

Regards Steph 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to