I am very new at this, but I am making Torchon fan lace inserts (5 of them 5"-7" long, 
1", 1-1/4" & 2" wide)  to go in the front of a peasant blouse to be made from cotton 
Calico-print fabric.  I know, perish the thought, but I will probably cheat on this 
first blouse and use a very small, non-offensive purchased lace edging for the actual 
neck edge (too much yardage for me at this point), but I am planning on a Torchon 
pattern with fans & spiders, about 2-3/4" wide for the sleeve edges (about 27" wide 
each).  I am working in offwhite Brockens 35/3 linen with Danish bobbins on a bolster 
pillow (about 6" diameter by 15" long).  At this point, I have done a practice piece 
to learn stitches,  a bookmark to learn how to do the spiders, and about three 1" 
pieces to get the hang of the fans for the inserts.

Cinde
in pleasantly sunny southern California where the sweet peas and roses are blooming 
profusely, but summer is threatening to rear its fiery head


                
---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25�

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to