Back when I was using a typewriter with reeled ribbon, I saved the new
ribbon for reproduction copies, used the recently-retired reproduction
ribbon for correspondence, and used the old ribbon for drafts.  This led to
*lots* of ribbon-changing -- too often to get up and wash my hands after
each ribbon change.   I found an air-tight jar, filled it with neatly-folded
paper towels, and poured in just enough rubbing alcohol to wet the top
towel.  After an hour or two, the towels were evenly damp and just right for
wiping my hands after changing a ribbon.  (And after a week or two, I didn't
get ink on my hands any more.)

The alcohol wasn't in there as a cleaning agent, but as a preservative.  It
wouldn't take long for water-damp paper in an airtight container to stink
and mold.   

Wiping with a wet towel isn't as good as scrubbing with soap and a brush,
but it's much better than putting off the hand-wash just one more minute.

-- 
Joy Beeson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/
http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3f/ 
west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.
where it's garden-planting season.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to