I have a really nice one made by Toby Neeve in the early 90's.  It has 2
lovely plain ends "bookending" 2 notched bars.  I don't remember what
wood he used (rosewood maybe), and it's beautifully finished and hold
about 50 pairs, if I hang across both rows, but I could get about 100
pairs if I wanted.

I haven't used it much of late, as my projects have been scarce the past
several years (having kids kind of put a crimp in things for a while,
but now they're both in school... :-) ), but I have used it for bigger
projects that need a lot to start with.  I just use a bobbin roll for
the smaller ones.

I have pieces of lace I've made and not figured out a practical use for
BUT they have come in very handy for displays of my collection I've
shown at some of my local public libraries.  Sometimes the long lengths
are handy, sometimes the smaller ones just fill a gap.  Some pieces are
on display under my small collection of tea cups, and if the library
ever needs another display, some of the handkies/doilies will look cute
under demitasse cups.  I'm currently tatting a little edging I will try
to use in a scrapbook (we'll wee what happens) - it's some thing to do
whilst I await my foot surgeon's arrival on the days I go see him.

Cheers,
Helen, Aussie in Denver

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to