On Apr 29, 2004, at 21:14, Patricia Dowden wrote:
Dear Tess and Spiders,
I have the first volume of this series and I love it. It follows the development of Venetian lace from the first plaited laces right up to the present. I really like the patterns and it's wonderful eye-candy.
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Luigi Viazzo Fo(u)r Press Editions, Via Parini, 6 - 22100 COMO - ITALY tel /fax +39.031.273423w [EMAIL PROTECTED] www.fourpress.it
I have that book also (and very expensive it was, too <g>). As a -- primarily -- lace *maker* (not student of lace history, collector, etc), I have some "issues" with it, but they're certainly *trying*, which should be ecouraged. I will definitely buy any/all subsequent volumes even if I'm unlikely to make up any of the patterns contained within. But I *like* tape laces, and not everyone does.
-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia, USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland
http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd/
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
