Dear Lace Friends,

I like the idea of a pretty bobbin tree, but I dont have one. So, like
Miriam, I used to drape wound bobbins over the padded arms of the sofa, but
they tended to 'take over' the drawing room . . which is actually pretty
much cluttered up with lace pillow, pins and patterns anyway <g>. . Proved
awkward when I didn't wind all my bobbins in one go - they'd be sprawling
there for a couple of days -  . . . . or if guests suddenly arrived - they
would have to sit awkwardly till I moved away my precious bobbins!

Now I wind my pairs all the way upto the top, i.e. with Zero leash, so that
each of the pair is neck to neck with its partner. I layer the pairs in a
flat bottomed basket, 5 pairs to a layer, the first layer lying N-S, and
next layer E-W, and so on. If there are more than 30 pairs, I use a shoe
box.

That way, they are out of harm's way, and its also very easy to tally the
number of pairs. Its useful when I have left over thread from the end of the
project, which I would want to use later to make bookmark to give away - I
can stack away the pairs along with a label of the wound thread (so I know
what is is, weeks later), in my "to be used later" baskets.

I seem to have aquired lots of pretty woven baskets since I started to lace
<G>. And one of my armchairs is the permanent domain of my current lace
project . . Lace kind of takes over your life, doesnt it ?

Best wishes
Sulochona in Ranchi, India, much cooler than the rest of the sub-continent
Actually I wasnt going to post, so this msg is a "filler" . . since we seem
to have a dearth of postings . . .
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to