Thanks to Ilske, I was able to spend a perfectly delightful time at the 
German lace Kongress.   The weather was consistently beautiful for the five days 
there and for the rest of my stay in France afterwards.   
I like what the German group does, and the workshop we took was very much 
what I have found to be typical of the laces and lacemakers I have met there.   
It was imaginative and colorful and gave me new things to think about 
especially in the realm of transparency.   When two or even more colored laces are 
laid 
over each other, all sorts of possibilities spring to mind, and the samples 
we saw were quite inspiring.   I am so grateful to Ilske for having made this 
possible for me.   My German is pretty much limited to the days of the week and 
counting up to 100, so being with Ilske and Peter, both of whose English is 
excellent, was a real help for me.
Besides our class, of course, there were many other things to see.   There 
were a couple of exhibits of fans and one filled with peacocks, and of course 
the salesroom was what you might expect: glorious!   There was a student exhibit 
which really appealed to me: the teacher had encouraged the students to 
observe and think about waterfalls, and the designs which resulted were really 
lovely small works of art. 
After my delightful time in Germany, I went to visit Josette in her lovely 
new house in Burgundy, and we roamed the countryside looking at chateaux and 
mansions and other such goodies.   We even found a neat yarn and embroidery shop 
right in the middle of the nearest town: yum!   I also went through her books 
and coiffe collection and just had a marvelous time accepting and enjoying her 
warm hospitality.   
How fortunate I am to have made so many kind friends through lacemaking!   
Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to