Well, then... that settles it.  There is such a thing as reincarnation,
because you must have been a lacemaker in a previous life!!  I am astounded
at how quickly you've taken it up!!

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



> [Original Message]
> From: Weronika Patena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tamara P. Duvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: lace Arachne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 6/2/2004 9:12:45 PM
> Subject: Re: [lace] Re: Arachne webshot album
>
> Hi, 
> I agree, the wood nymph was great!  And it must be really hard to make
> 3D lace like that. 
>
> I got the horror kit right before Christmas and made a little bit of
> lace on it for about a week then (the cotton pieces on my first samples
> picture).  Then I had lots of semi-personal trouble and no time for lace
> until after spring break, about the end of March, and then I got some
> real equipment and started making serious lace (all of the other
> pieces).  So it's a little over 2 months if you don't count the time
> between Christmas and spring break when I wasn't making any, or a little
> over 5 months if you do count it. 
> The ladies at the Freeway Lace Guild didn't believe me either <g>
>
> Weronika
>
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 08:45:37PM -0400, Tamara P. Duvall wrote:
> > On Jun 2, 2004, at 10:11, Sue Babbs wrote:
> > 
> > >I have found out how to get on to the webshot album and uploaded the 
> > >photos
> > >of my entries for the Lace Guild's competition.
> > 
> > http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003-date
> > 
> > Thanks, Sue. It was nice to get a more "intimate" view of the 
> > roseground booklet (how small is it?). But I was even happier to see 
> > the photos of the Wood Nymph; I think it's absolutely *stunning*, and I 
> > don't, in general, even like "modern lace"... Obviously, I'm, no good 
> > as a judge; I may have to decline when/if they ask me again for the VA 
> > State Fair... :)
> > 
> > And, Weronika... *How long* did you say you've been making lace for? 4 
> > months?  It's absolutely disgusting, how some people (like you) seem to 
> > pick things up in no time flat, while others (like me) had to slog *for 
> > years* before seeing any improvement... :^)
>
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to